Anyone have a clue to ID

Frogspawn74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up as an unknown. Can’t place it.
E1323630-8C85-4CFC-B44A-430E41340E7D.jpeg
FCC2FFB8-5972-4BF7-8BEF-D70E90FC1B3F.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hard to confirm under heavy blue lighting but may be acropora Rosa

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the same species as Tyree Pinky the Bear, Unique Corals Voodoo Magic and the like? The single long polyp tentacle is reminiscent. Perhaps you can find out what kind those are and see? I know that this is not super helpful, so sorry.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the same species as Tyree Pinky the Bear, Unique Corals Voodoo Magic and the like? The single long polyp tentacle is reminiscent. Perhaps you can find out what kind those are and see? I know that this is not super helpful, so sorry.

Soo you think its paniculata?

There are many species of Acropora that can have a single enlogated tentacle on each polyp and it's prominence can vary from colony to colony some are more enlogated than others too, paniculata, valida, microclados, rosaria, hyacinthus, insignis, anthocercis, millepora, cytherea, natalensis, selago, latistella, solitaryensis even loripes etc etc all can exhibit a single enlogated tentacle on its polyps, however it varies between colonies, sometimes colony stability and environment as well as time of day can play a role

Point is, its irrelevant to ID, both comic book names and species wise, taxonomy focuses on overall skeletal, corallite and coenstrum details and arrangement with acropora..

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough one, really a top down under daylight would be very helpful. Superb colony you got there. I am having trouble with all of the above guesses but they are all possible maybe. I would love to see a better picture of it.

OP
OP
Frogspawn74

Frogspawn74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardly home during full spectrum. I’ll try and get a few more. Just had a hard time placing this one. Bought at a swap about a year ago. Figured someone might have an idea.
thanks all for the input.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back