Anyone have a purple cespitulara ?

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a beautiful purple cepitulara.. I got it as a nub and it grows like a weed.

Here is a pic of it after 2 months... in the last 2 weeks its expanded on the rock on the rigjht... THAT fast..

Im starting to wonder this corals seems to be an explosive growing corala. I moved my jackolanturn lepto tonight because i have a feeling the cespitulara will jump to the main rock.

20190713_200923.jpg

20190713_200941.jpg

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a beautiful purple cepitulara.. I got it as a nub and it grows like a weed.

Here is a pic of it after 2 months... in the last 2 weeks its expanded on the rock on the rigjht... THAT fast..

Im starting to wonder this corals seems to be an explosive growing corala. I moved my jackolanturn lepto tonight because i have a feeling the cespitulara will jump to the main rock.

20190713_200923.jpg

20190713_200941.jpg

Be careful because it can become quite invasive. Mine started to cover an entire rock and I just cut most of it back off today. I think it is so pretty but would not make the mistake again.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got some after not having it for many years. 10 or so years ago it was very easy to sell a frag for $100. It is one of my favorite corals. I just wish it looked as good from the side as it does from above.

Here is a really old pic.

oldtankpic.jpg

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new frag I got not even 2 weeks ago was a nice sized piece on a standard plug. I moved it to a 3" tile and it's already extending past the end of the tile.

IMG_8741.JPG

Since it's doing so well in the frag tank it will remain there and I'll move a frag of the frag to my display when it's ready to be cut. As my earlier picture shows it can easily take over, but it's such a beautiful coral.

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that I rescued from an algae situation in a lfs tank; it was very small and shriveled up. Now it is around five or six inches long on a good day and is hosting a peacock-tail anemone shrimp (Periclimenes brevicarpalis). Mine used to be more blue, but is more of an attractive lilac shade now. Would absolutely recommend them to softie lovers!

VegetarianSkunk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got myself a frag of it and it did really well for the first 2 days under full light and strong flow...but just after that it shrunk up and stayed that way for a week now. I’ve tried moving it to lower flow areas or lower light areas but it didn’t respond any better. Any help?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back