Anyone have a Vertex Cerebra

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wondered if anyone locally has a Vertex Cerebra besides me?

Kevin

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used one or even seen it in person. I would like some more information on it and your thoughts on how well or bad it has worked out.

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELLLLLLLLL........

I beta tested version 1 and the interface was fantastic. I used it to monitor salinty, PH, and temp. I controlled Lights, pumps, feed mode, and temp with it. I didn't get much deeper into it when others started running into hardware issues. I ran everything with redundancy so I wasn't concerned with it handling what it did. When Vertex was dealing with the third party they had doing some hardware/software work for them things turned ugly and the company ran with their own system identical to the Cerebra. The issues got worse and soon turned into crashes and failures. Mine made it until last fall and finally failed. Through the input Vertex received through the Beta testers they set out to source and build their own Cerebra in house, and though long and drawn out may have finally succeeded. There's supposed to be an announcement in a week or so with all the information, including replacing the original units with the new version (v7). If they actually come through with it the way it was represented to the testing community it should be a heck of a controller.

This is still TBD.

If anyone had one and had given up hope and was looking to dump it I figured I wouldn't mind picking up another and rolling the dice to have one for each system.

oceanhighz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and have been tracking along with the process of hopefully getting a replacement. I'm not completely against getting rid of it, but I've waited this long.... lol

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using reef keepers for years and have zero problems with them, but if something cheaper came along I may be tempted by it. Right now APEX is way out of my league same goes for GHL new controller, but I think GHL is a little better priced. I really would like someday to get something that monitored ALK, but that dream is way off in the distance.

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and have been tracking along with the process of hopefully getting a replacement. I'm not completely against getting rid of it, but I've waited this long.... lol

4 more days!!!

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm drone on the vertex forum by the way.

OP
OP
B

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping new units 1st week of May.

oceanhighz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened a few weeks ago when they had an issue too. It'll probably pop back up.

RustonReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a big NEGATIVE... us 80 beta testers from V1 have lost faith and have moved on.. its a lesson learned to never buy a first version of anything again.
Ya i tried calling them to get some info but the lady says she's just a front desk girl and knows nothing about it. Supposedly the person that knew something was going to give me a call back, but that was two days ago.

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya i tried calling them to get some info but the lady says she's just a front desk girl and knows nothing about it. Supposedly the person that knew something was going to give me a call back, but that was two days ago.
its been very dissapointing for all of us who had the original beta and sent in our motherboards from original units to get a new V7 but still nothing.

oceanhighz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what I could gather, Albert who was really giving info is out for now (don't know if he's sick or what) and Jason (the supreme leader) is probably going to be hard to get ahold of. Toby from the group posted from his conversation at least what he got out of him, it's worth a look at least in my opinion.

Fishwampum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must remember that Toby has thousands of dollars of Cerebra's that he bought from those that quit the losing game. I doubt he will say anything other than its coming along and I just talked to 'x' and someone else will fill in the info. This goes on and on.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Mindstream this is never going to come to fruition. Unlike Mindstream, Vertex lies in it’s marketing and to it’s consumer base for years. So, at the end of the day buyers into this product never had a chance and were burned from the get go. Vertex can’t even seem to apologize. I’m waiting for the ReefBuilders article on that one and can’t wait to see what the defense of Vertex is. We’re sorry we took all that money, but it’s gone, and unfortunately despite our best efforts, we have to close the program. I’m just not sure all the initial supporters of the Cerebra would agree with that having been conned and lied to repeatedly for years.

Back