Anyone have any grown out reef raft sps? Does it look like it does on thier site?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, guys. Let's keep this thread on topic. The OP asked that those who have bought from RR post up pictures of their corals to see how they hold their color. We have already removed a few posts which were outside of this theme. Please do not post accusation/speculation. Remember that we want this conversation to stay civil, and bashing of anyone (members or vendors) will not be tolerated. Thanks! ;)

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410981901.089071.jpg

Reef raft oblivion direct from Tony - it still has some coloring up to do after a system move due to emergency. So it's in a fairly new system still (7 months old)

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these under an 8 bulb ati fixture with a reef brite blue LED bar.

Nice!!! shouldnt have any problems with that. im kind of thinking i should have with the 8 bulb t5 also but the MH/t5 combo i got is doing its job. Keep us posted !!!

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully not any lol!!! no one wants to buy fake or a "look alike" coral. Unless they are okay with it.

All the pieces so far(while not many lol) Look good.

FLipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably because that was the only 2 pieces of the colony that had color like that. They knew what they were doing and made a ton of money.

I'll just stick to $20 frags and never be disappointed lol

the 20$ acros are always the best. nice and brown!
but after a couple of months is nice and colorful.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Orangesicle

This was my JD a few months ago this was edited to look like it did at the time the pic was taken

Same Frag unedited taken with a cell phone today!!
My bulbs where are at the 9mo mark and got changed out last week not to mention I do very little over the hot months as work is in full effect I din't take good care of things LOL.
I will get the color back here in the next few months and should have a real good idea of what this PC really looks like as you can see their is no lack of Blue polyps and the reds and oranges are coming back with some hints of greens you can see one lil spot of that.

The Browned out piece below is actually VIVID Rainbow. The color is coming back in that one too you can see a slight change don't mean noting in this thread but I'm sure the Origin of the JD will be questioned color and such and I will say it again Came to me straight From Canada about a year ago way before it was as big on this site or any other.

Tony at RR USA is aware I have this and can vouch for it's origin.

Pic is unedited below right out of a cell
[URL="http://s269.photobucket.com/user/TheReefKeeper/media/Mobile Uploads/2a67f8e1-6c87-442d-973c-5a64db1e7359.jpg.html"]
[/URL]

Last edited:

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!!! shouldnt have any problems with that. im kind of thinking i should have with the 8 bulb t5 also but the MH/t5 combo i got is doing its job. Keep us posted !!!

Nice.... I have another tank with MH and will not change them for anything....well maybe t5s:)

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely none only because how on earth do you prove lineage? I have bought high end sps and in the long run it always comes down to trust. Now I don't understand what you mean about when you say all these conclusions, what does that exactly mean?
That do you mean can't prove lineage? If you buy it directly, buy it from people that have receipt and can get it verify from where they get it from. you should be good.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That do you mean can't prove lineage? If you buy it directly, buy it from people that have receipt and can get it verify from where they get it from. you should be good.

X2 agreed

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a PayPal receipts from Joe knows reef, battle corals and two guys corals. I'm gonna have to post those to the for sale thread lol. I'm down with that.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ.............

Next thing Ppl post pics of their Grocery list as RR corals need a special blend of food in order to obtain their colors!
Btw, everyone knows that............ right??!!??

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ.............

Next thing Ppl post pics of their Grocery list as RR corals need a special blend of food in order to obtain their colors!
Btw, everyone knows that............ right??!!??

hahahhahhha, i was just joking with the paypal receipts but that would be funny. now that you mention it i bet if they make a special food for corals it would be sold it in seconds lol

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all love to see pics and of course how the progress in your one month old 20 gallon.

Btw, they do make special blends but I make my own so I control for what I put in my tank and it should be illegal as my corals looking better than ever.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Against all odds, just show some pics as this thread is meant for and not a bunch of who's better cause as 40+ years in this hobby I care less.

Pics dude......

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back