Anyone have any grown out reef raft sps? Does it look like it does on thier site?

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last warning. This thread is specifically for grown out Reef Raft SPS pogression photos. Its not a boxing ring.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo (30).jpg
photo (29).jpg
photo (28).jpg

iPhone pictures. You can pull some crazy color out of RR USA sps. 10 years, Sad but 90% of my sps gone to some good home, hope these reefer enjoy it. tank is going down. will start a new one next year.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peoples share small colonies so we all can enjoy and hater can't see. maybe some micro shot might help those hater that can't see. photo 2 (6).jpg photo 4 (1).jpg photo 2 (5).jpg photo 3 (1).JPG photo (11).JPG

Sick colors! Beautiful macros! Thank you for sharing and making this thread worth reading!
I am curious as to the name of each one incase I see one for sale, I love the yellow one, amazing color you are getting from it!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR Poison Ivy

I hope the frag I got from Hugo turns out like that, its supposed to be the the RR Poison Ivy but its been at least 9 months or more and its just now starting to get some color

Nice acro you got there! ( all of them :) )

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How about dragging this thread back out. I have one question for everyone who has some of these signature pieces. Most every picture is always top down shots. I have to wonder what some of these high end pieces look like viewed from the side? I have a piece of ultimate rainbow that is stunning from overhead but not all that viewed from that side. I am thinking of taking my tank savings and buying pretty in pink, pink floyd and orange passion. What do you think of these viewed from the side?
thanks
Jeff

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Dantes inferno from a live sale. It was a fresh cut and is just plain old green looks nothing like the advertised one.

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In all honesty, I am an Acro nut and have yet to be thrilled enough to buy one of the reef raft pieces. Yes, the original photos look amazing, but photos of them in people's tanks really aren't all that thrilling, a lot of them being very similar to Acro's that have been released for some time. Maybe I am not as informed on these pieces as much as I could be? We are all familiar with the many top ten acro lists that have been floating around the forum over the years. Is there any of the reef raft pieces that you feel are deserving to be on there?

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI My last piece is not a RR I am seeing many wild aussie colones come in to my LFS's that look just like so many of their pieces. IMO they get them first, but many of these pieces are not unique… similar to shortcakes and red dragon.

Last edited:

Aquanaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Jackson, I think I have same coral. Is it possible similar colonies get named 10 different things now a days.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few of mine. Shot in raw with a 100mm macro and AM porthole. I only adjusted white balance to look as natural as possible.

RR USA Pink Floyd

R
R Canada wolvarine

R
R Canada Jaw Dropper
I like to see what these beauties look now

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back