Anyone have any interceptor?

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats right, not only am i fighting AEFW i also have red bugs. Got to love it.
Tank has been up less then a full year, received corals from a total of 4 systems and i have every possible bad hithicker known to man.
Anyways if anyone has any interceptor laying around thats willing to part with a few pills i will gladly pay.
Thanks

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry that you are going through series of problems.

Unfortunately I don't have a full tablet on hand to spare (mine is divided up into 1 to 2 gallon doses), but you should be able to get one from a vet easily.

Have you seen the thread on RC about Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer that kills both redbugs and AEFW without hurting SPS corals? Although it's not an in-tank treatment, it will be very handy for dipping any new corals. ReVive and CoralRX kills many bugs, but they don't list redbugs on their labels. Consequently, I end up treating new corals in two steps - first with Interceptor and then with ReVive. In the future, I will use Bayer's Advanced Complete Insect Killer so I can be done with treatment in one fell swoop and quickly. It's readily available at places like Home Depot or Lowes and inexpensive, too.

Luisra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that! I went through the same bs and its a pita. I would gladly help you since a have a few large dog tablets, but I'm concerned with the law issues. Have you tried your local vet?

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposedly both redbugs and AEFW. The thread is called Another option for redbugs in SPS keepers forum. I did not pay attention about monti eating nudis, but someone was asking about it.

OP
OP
Yerboy

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, i found a retailer of interceptor that hooked me up. kinda expensive at $9.33 including shipping per pill but hopefully its worth it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back