Anyone have any Leptoseris care advice?

Surfandturf

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
805
Reaction score
533
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my eye on this coral for some time now and was offered a frag for $10 today. Naturally, I jumped at it. Anyone else have any success with this coral?

1482896011133.jpg
1482896015364.jpg
 
Agree. Low light medium flow.
 
+1 to lower light. I have a flourescent orange that is almost in the hotzone of xr30's, it does lighten up quite a bit but seems to grow nonetheless.
 
Like everyones saying, low light and med-low flow.
I bleached mine from alk shock when I first got a jack o lantern and a green hulk frag but theyre coloring back up nicely.
 
I have a couple of lepto and the do great on the sand or the lower quarter of my tank.
 
I have a lot of different lepto varieties and just like every one else is sayin most seem to color up best under low lighting and medium-low flow
20161228_213916.jpg


20161228_213747.jpg
 
Agree with everything above for the most part. The jack-o-lantern actually grows in shade for me. The exception is my yellow one, which will grow and get incredibly bright under Acropora-worthy light levels.
 
Agree with everything above for the most part. The jack-o-lantern actually grows in shade for me. The exception is my yellow one, which will grow and get incredibly bright under Acropora-worthy light levels.

Which yellow one is that?
 
Congrats on the new lepto frag. That's a great deal for $10. Placing it at 100 PAR and Alk around 8 has worked well for me.
 
My eyes are incredibly drawn to the fluorescence they emit. Any variety of them looks almost alien like. [emoji106][emoji1611]
 
Tangerine lepto this peice is about 5" round had it over a year and a half... grew it outta a 2" plug picture doesn't do it justice
1482901445171.jpg
This is an awesome looking lepto I can't wait until mine covers the rock like that
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new