Anyone have experience with the Huchti anthias?

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2019
Messages
2,884
Reaction score
6,766
Location
Southeast USA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently working to finish out my tank stocking, and these fish caught my eye a while ago but I've not found any info on them. I have seen them for sale before at my LFS but wanted to know if they are generally easy to keep, or if they are one of the reluctant feeders. As background the tank is a 125g mixed reef with plenty of rock crevices.

Thanks so much and have a nice day! God bless.
 
I'm currently working to finish out my tank stocking, and these fish caught my eye a while ago but I've not found any info on them. I have seen them for sale before at my LFS but wanted to know if they are generally easy to keep, or if they are one of the reluctant feeders. As background the tank is a 125g mixed reef with plenty of rock crevices.

Thanks so much and have a nice day! God bless.
More importantly, how are those specific ones you are considering eating at LFS?

General species comments are never as important as specific individual behaviors. WATCH them eat, don't just take LFS word on it as heartache only comes from that path. Whatever you see them devour (not eat and spit out... that isn't "eating" either) make sure you have that at home. Good luck!

Guessing you already googled:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-huchtiis-anthias
 
Hutchii, along with lyretail, are part of the franzia subgenus. Care requirements are very similar. Both bullies.
 
More importantly, how are those specific ones you are considering eating at LFS?

General species comments are never as important as specific individual behaviors. WATCH them eat, don't just take LFS word on it as heartache only comes from that path. Whatever you see them devour (not eat and spit out... that isn't "eating" either) make sure you have that at home. Good luck!

Guessing you already googled:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-huchtiis-anthias
Thank you for reminding me of this. I tend not to ask about feeding, if only because I forget about it, but I appreciate the advice a ton, as I'm completely new to Anthias so I'm trying to gather as much info about them before I consider adding.
Thanks for the input!
 
Hutchii, along with lyretail, are part of the franzia subgenus. Care requirements are very similar. Both bullies.
I thought they may be close by their morphology, cool to know I was right. Aggression shouldn't be the biggest issue as I mainly have, and plan to have, moderate to aggressive fishes, but I will keep it in mind if I decide to look for them. Thanks for the input!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new