Anyone have Feedback on Glass cages.com?

You will hear a whole lof of negative. I have dealt with Tom on numerous occasions, and once I got to know him, no problems. They will build a solid tank (some people have issues with the warranty, though), but customer service is the big area of negativity. If you tell him exactly what you want, you'll get it. The silicone work used to be sloppy (from previous online discussions), but I've got a few glass tanks from him and they aren't too bad. The acrylics I've gotten I wouldn't use for display, but they have worked fine for frag tanks and sumps (I did have one develop a slow leak after about a year and a half). I've been out to the shop and picked up at least 5 tanks from him over the last few years and will continue to buy from him (he'll have to ship next time;)).
 
I've heard good and bad as far as silicone sloppiness and leakage.

I personally have never used him nor have I seen a tank made by him.

So this is all hearsay!!

Sandy
 
all 6 of my frag holding tanks are made by them. I have never had a problem what so ever. as for sloppyness i could see where that comes from but in my case they are for hold ready to sell frags to it is not about how neat the silicon is. the build is strong and the price is nearly unbeatable.
 
Thanks for the info! :D


by the way. they make a stop every few months in orlando near the stadium. they will bring it with them and you can pick it up to save shipping. thats what i do when they come to tampa
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new