Anyone have fuzzy chitons? Thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scribe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scribe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
342
Reaction score
7
Location
Plymouth Meeting, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some nuisance algae to say the least see other post on green turf like algae. Was going to try out some new inverts to see if anything would eat it. Fuzzy chitons are on the list, so I wanted to see what peoples experience with them has been. Pro and con of course. thanks.
 
I added 5 fuzzy chitons in a 210 a few months ago. 3 didn't make it past a week. The other two seem to do a good job of keeping their rock clean. They each have an area they cover of around a square foot. I have never seen either venture into a different area.
 
They seem to be doing a pretty good job so far. Noticed some nice clean spots that were covered with algae before. I'm assuming I have them to thank for mowing i
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new