Anyone having connection issues with their Kessil AP700?

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm about to give up on Kessil and sell everything off and go with Radians. I am running 2 AP700s on my 120 gallon. However, at the moment I cannot even control my lights.

I am running Android 9 via Google Pixel 2. The issue I have is I just got a replacement phone sent to me as my previous Pixel 2 stopped charging (thankfully, still under the year warranty). Anyways, after downloading the Kessil app it will not let me log in. No matter if I choose to log in my Facebook, Google, or Twitter it just says 'No Internet Connection available'.

Has anyone else running Android been having this issue. I've only had these Kessil's for 3+ months and its just been one issue after another with the Kessil's. For a while, there was no way to even connect the lights to the app. Thankfully, Kessil finally fixed that issue. But it's getting ridiculous to spend $1600 on a set of lights, and unable to control them 50% of the time b/c of issues with their app.

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i can’t help with the android app. I use the iPad to control mine.

I have had great support from Kessil. Always through email. If you haven’t tried that I would.
email:[email protected]

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I emailed them on Saturday and again just now. I also left a review on the app. So far I haven't heard anything.

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone else having this issue, here is a response I got back from Kessil....

Thank you for your patience. Just an update for you, we do discover the issue of not able to log in to social media account. The software team believes that's because of some changes in the settings of the new Android 9 operating system. They are trying their best to find out the root cause and will lease a fix soon.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back