Anyone here is a converter from SPS to LPS .....and loving it?

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an SPS/acro dominant tank (75 gallon) and recently had AEFW (Acro eating flat worm). Those pest destroyed 80% of my acros so now I am leaving my tank fallow for at least 6 months and treating it.
However, I recently started to buy a bunch of high end LPS and I love it. They are so colorful, has gentle and soothing movements, and pretty hardy.

So I think I will do an LPS dominant tank now. I think I am a convert from SPS to LPS.

Anyone here is a converter from SPS/acro dominant to LPS dominant?

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I go down the Sps road there is no coming back. Like with every hobby thing get boring fast and only with Sps can keep my interest prolong.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful what you wish for. The grass always looks greener until you jump the
fence and step in dog crap. I had a tank with some beginner sps but its just not that for me. I much prefer hammer, frogspawn, candy cane, etc. Soft coral is very underappreciated imo as well.

OP
OP
C

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS do take a lot of room and harder to frag than sps though.

But so far, I think the grass is greener on the other side.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a jump from SPS to LPS. Currently I’m enjoying more coral movement and my reef seems to be alive. Check out the video at end of my Build thread.

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not do both? I recently bought a Reefer 170 for a a LPS tank... just getting started...

Do you have pics?

2 of my other tanks are both SPS dominant.

Rob.In.AZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm moving in that direction. Tank is still SPS heavy, but I have been replacing with LPS. I had my alk get away from me after my son was born (I was just freakin tired!). Now I think I am running into flow issues because of how grown in my tank is becoming, tough problem to have...I know.

I've had a reef tank up since 2003, and I am just ready for something a little less intense these days.

KRMCO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bit of everything in my 75 that I sold before my 2 son was born. I really liked the LPS and my duncan was my favorite. So after 2 years I've jumped back in with a nano. I'm limiting myself to 2 types of LPS because of how I did my rockscape and I'm excited to watch them grow.
One of the best things about this hobby is, as long as you do your best to keep everything healthy, you do what makes you happy. Now if I can just figure out how to make Lobophyllia grow 5x it's natural rate...

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back