• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Anyone interested in another sexycorals grow out

esco595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking to do a sexy coral grow out seeing as how successful the current one is. For anyone that missed out on it or is looking to get a bunch of highend corals for a cheap price this is your chance. Let me know if your interested. The current buy in for the last SC grow out was 280 so expect it to be in that ball park. also, I need someone thats interested in being the grower. Obviously someone very reliable and with alot of experience! Jump on it guys, this is a great opportunity.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 10,000 foot explaination:

Someone puts together a list of corals in the grow out, cost for buy in, how many spots are available for the buy in and looks for a grower if they are not intending to be the grower. I think the grower generally gets $50 or something off the buy in to cover cost of food and for being the grower.

It is established at the beginning what size the coral is being grown out to before being cut and distrubuted.

Check out some of the grow out threads for different ways to set it up. They are really fun to follow. Well, I find them fun to follow. :nerd:

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 10,000 foot explaination:

Someone puts together a list of corals in the grow out, cost for buy in, how many spots are available for the buy in and looks for a grower if they are not intending to be the grower. I think the grower generally gets $50 or something off the buy in to cover cost of food and for being the grower.

It is established at the beginning what size the coral is being grown out to before being cut and distrubuted.

Check out some of the grow out threads for different ways to set it up. They are really fun to follow. Well, I find them fun to follow. :nerd:

Thank you for the easy to follow and understand explanation. What happens if one of the corals dies in the grower's tank?

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on how the grow out is set up. Some the grower has no responsibility and I have seen some where the grower is responsible 50% of the cost to replace the coral. All that stuff has to be clearly defined from the get go or else can go horribly wrong.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally the grower puts out all the details of his/her tank and is responsible for updates and pictures once a week. So being the grower is alot more responsibility.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
subscribed.. <--- which also means interested..

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would love to see a convict chalice in there...

OP
OP
E

esco595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I figure, we could all pick out a coral that we personally really like, preferable i want to make this exclusively chalices or super high end palys/zoas. This way we all get what we want and theres a nice awesome variety. SC has some pretty awesome corals so i figure anything we pick will be amazing. As for responsibility, I would like the grower to be responsible, which is why I want someone whose system is very stable. Id volunteer mine but I have to move in a few weeks so I dont even want to risk it. If your interested, send me a pm along with what coral your interested in. I think I wanna go for about 5-8 spots. Roughly a few months for growing out. Thanks for the interest guys!

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah in their private collection... they keep teasing us with..

OP
OP
E

esco595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, ill shoot them an email and see if they do. toxic, care to pick to another just in case?

LiveRock27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitley interested in participating in this growout depending on the corals. Following along

OP
OP
E

esco595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I dont know who the grower will be, but I figure at the very least I can get a list of people interested and which coral they want. LiveRock, the corals are comprised of each person picking one, so youll get one that youll like guaranteed and probably for a cheaper price. assuming we're all crazy fanatical reefers, i think we will all be getting awesome pieces. Again just pm me, even if its just an interest, in what coral you would like. that way people can see the list develop and we can get more people to join in. Also, i think once we have a list it will encourage someone to be the grower, again i would do it but i have to move soon and id rather not risk it. i think you guys would agree lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back