Anyone keeping Acropora nobilis?

Maybe after the arbor day festivities
6cf7e9649d6330fbf048cf74c4b4f940.jpeg
 

I'm not sure who is "mother" with the species names but Acropora nobilis (Dana, 1846) now has a flag of accepted name of Acropora robusta. Makes it a bit of a challenge for hobbyist or non science types.

I know this is an older thread but I was running into wall after wall trying to find coral pictures of the species both in the wild and hobbyist tanks for growth patterns, flow, and polyp behavior.

Fun, fun.

May have already been noted/referenced - sorry if so. Again, not sure who mother is...

https://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=207090
 
I know this is an older thread but I was running into wall after wall trying to find coral pictures of the species both in the wild and hobbyist tanks for growth patterns, flow, and polyp behavior.
Generally, for obscure species like these, I wouldn't recommend looking for hobbyist photos, as they can be misidentified. Your best bet for ID reference is to read the original description by J. D. Dana and look for photos of the type specimen(s) (if not available online, try to find any illustrations of the species in the original description).

I'm not sure who is "mother" with the species names but Acropora nobilis (Dana, 1846) now has a flag of accepted name of Acropora robusta. Makes it a bit of a challenge for hobbyist or non science types.
WoRMS is the authoritative source (for corals at least, there is a different database for fish).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new