Anyone know anything about paintball guns?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joeganja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've never handled a Reflex 14, but back in the day I've shot a few PMRs and they were Dye's lower tier line. They were honestly not bad. The Axe is a bit too loud for my taste and has a bit too much kick as well which makes it harder to hold lanes down well at longer distances. I bought an used G6R signature series off of pbnation for $500 and its an absolute beast. I've always been happy with Timmys and Shockers. The latter you may be able to find used as well around the $500 mark as well. Let me know if you have any more questions.
 
I've never handled a Reflex 14, but back in the day I've shot a few PMRs and they were Dye's lower tier line. They were honestly not bad. The Axe is a bit too loud for my taste and has a bit too much kick as well which makes it harder to hold lanes down well at longer distances. I bought an used G6R signature series off of pbnation for $500 and its an absolute beast. I've always been happy with Timmys and Shockers. The latter you may be able to find used as well around the $500 mark as well. Let me know if you have any more questions.

So as far as axe goes. Don't bother. Just find a more expensive gun but buy it used for the same price you'd buy an axe new?
 
So as far as axe goes. Don't bother. Just find a more expensive gun but buy it used for the same price you'd buy an axe new?

Exactly. Think of it in terms of an aquarium. You can get a 55 gallon to start off with, but its not going to take long for you to wish that you had spent a little more, gone a little bigger, and actually saved money had you just bought the 90 gallon on the first go.

Just make sure you purchase from a reputable seller on pbnation or even trademygun works pretty nicely.

my setup:

20160429_104930.jpg
 
Exactly. Think of it in terms of an aquarium. You can get a 55 gallon to start off with, but its not going to take long for you to wish that you had spent a little more, gone a little bigger, and actually saved money had you just bought the 90 gallon on the first go.

Just make sure you purchase from a reputable seller on pbnation or even trademygun works pretty nicely.

my setup:

20160429_104930.jpg

That looks sick.
 
Let me know if you're interested in a 2010 PMR (Dye Proto Matrix Rail - before it became the Reflex. It's the one that costs $450). I have one that I bought and then never used. Also have a Dye Rotor v3. Would let them go for a lot less than I bought them for.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new