OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did did the zip tie thing On the barb on the container and the barb in the alkatronic and no are bubbles so far and I don’t notice any liquid or bubble movement. I also had the container set up below the water line of the sump think that was having an effect ?

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the brs dosing pumps,and also have a little bubble that forms right at the pump. I use to worry about it but, it doesn't affect the amount of alk I'm dosing so I have just stopped worrying about it.
they seem to be bigger bubbles throughout the line.

Aimulator64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that was not a guess. it's physics. the volume will be less.
for a $1000 equipment, I would think they will be able to help you.

No offense but to be fair, you did ask a question regarding the reduction of water volume, rather than make a statement. And you are incorrect to a point. Existence of air inside a vessel does not change the amount of liquid that can be moved through the vessel when both ends are open. The air could compress, theoretically, if the line became closed off, in which case the air would reduce the amount of fillable volume of liquid, but on a curve as air compresses more than water. It’s why p-traps work in plumbing. The air stays put while the water flows around it.

Last edited:

Aimulator64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter how much air you have in the line, if the dosing pump is not sucking air and your line isn’t leaking fluid, you should be moving the same amount of liquid. You can add a hose to a power head to add air to the water and it doesn’t effect water flow because it’s after the pump. If the pump sucks air then yes, you will have reduced flow as air provides the least resistance. If you add air to your line after the pump and your liquid is not being redirected from its path, you are simply adding air to a liquid as it’s being supplied.

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense but to be fair, you did ask a question regarding the reduction of water volume, rather than make a statement. And you are incorrect to a point. Existence of air inside a vessel does not change the amount of liquid that can be moved through the vessel when both ends are open. The air could compress, theoretically, if the line became closed off, in which case the air would reduce the amount of fillable volume of liquid, but on a curve as air compresses more than water. It’s why p-traps work in plumbing. The air stays put while the water flows around it.

That’s what I was thinking that he was asking question. Why would he take offense [emoji2957]

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for the help...

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And they did answer my question I was looking for different opinions and other insights.

OP
OP
richiero

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So your good at physics but not grammar it’s all good [emoji23][emoji2957]

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that was a rhetorical question.

good luck with your $1000 piece of equipment that has air leak lol.
I'm out.

pwilliaml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it helps in the future, I had a similar problem and fixed it by putting a little o-ring grease on the push connect fittings and all my air leaks went away. Grease is nice because it can be wiped off.

simpleman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just looked at my dosing pumps 8 of them 7 in use all red sea products 3 lines don't have any air in them 4 do the 4 i just hooked up 3 days ago the 3 that don't have air in them have a check valve right at the straw by the cap the 4 outher don't this is what i'm using 10PCS Aquarium Non-Return Check Valves for Air Pump Line & CO2 Diffuser, off ebay 4.99 hope this works oh ya i just bought more to fix the 4

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 106 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%

Back