Multiple AWC dosers on same line

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I would like to increase the turnover for water changes in my large tank.

Has anyone got any experience running awc dosers on the same line to increase daily amount?

I have a 40 gallon brute about 8’ below my tank that acts as my water change barrel and a remote fuge/cryptic sump from time to time.

Right now I have a Neptune dose that does about 30 gallons through it a day. I would like to get more so I thinking on splitting the in and out RO lines and splicing in a second doser that would operate while the other was off. This would help minimize the lines running through the floor by letting two dosers use the same one.

I was worried this might cause pressure to build some how and blow one of the dosing heads.

Any thoughts or better solutions that does run additional lines?

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without seeing the lines, I am not sure what size, but they make check valves that you could put on each line prior to the tee so it could only go one way.

ESHIONG 1/4" Push to Connect One Way Check Valve for RO(Reverse Osmosis) Water Filter,NSF Certified Plastic Quick Connect RO Fittings (6 pcs) https://a.co/d/hrcOswu
Screenshot_20240421_213528_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without seeing the lines, I am not sure what size, but they make check valves that you could put on each line prior to the tee so it could only go one way.

ESHIONG 1/4" Push to Connect One Way Check Valve for RO(Reverse Osmosis) Water Filter,NSF Certified Plastic Quick Connect RO Fittings (6 pcs) https://a.co/d/hrcOswu
Screenshot_20240421_213528_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Thanks, i thought these check valves used metal so they were suppose to be used with sea water.

Standard dosing size. 1/4”

OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the teeth into the line are metal, not sure about the actual check valve.
Yea, those are for sure. I recall seeing others on the forum not using them cause of a potential contaminate.

Anyone familiar?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what you're asking?

20240422_120218.jpg

This is 2 peristaltic pumps tied to the same inlet and outlet to take advantage of different rates throughout the day.

Because both pumps max effluent is 200nl/min. In theory, if I were to run them both at the same time, I could get 400ml/min.

There's no need for check valves because these pumps are positive displacement.

OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what you're asking?

20240422_120218.jpg

This is 2 peristaltic pumps tied to the same inlet and outlet to take advantage of different rates throughout the day.

Because both pumps max effluent is 200nl/min. In theory, if I were to run them both at the same time, I could get 400ml/min.

There's no need for check valves because these pumps are positive displacement.
That’s it exactly. Thank you.

Does positive displacement matter whenever the he pumps are 8’ below the tank?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does positive displacement matter whenever the he pumps are 8’ below the tank?
That's a question that can't be definitively answered because hobby grade peristaltic pumps aren't necessarily the best example.

The rollers pinch the tube, so it doesn't matter where you put the pump, it's not going to siphon unless there is a major flaw.

You didn't mention what pump you're using, but chances are, if it's in good working order, you won't have a concern.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back