Jebao doser can't calibrate?

avocadoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new Jebao Doser 3.4 and I cannot get it to calibrate in any meaningful way. I'll run through the calibration for the channel and get, say, 10 mL in 11 seconds.

Then I'll program a 4 mL dose and it'll run for almost 20 seconds and give about 20 mL. Redoing the calibration doesn't actually seem to change that much. What might I be doing wrong?

BuddhaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running the calibration with 100ml of liquid and a graduated beaker/cylinder?

Edit: The 3.4 is wifi? I always do the calibration on the unit, but I'm old school.

OP
OP
A

avocadoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried calibrating with 10 and 20 mL into a graduated cylinder. 10 mL takes about 11 s and 20 mL takes about 23 s.

I assume I'm doing it right. The directions are pretty vague. I type 20 into the volume up top, hit the start calibration button, then tap the start calibration button again when it has pumped 20 mL. Then hit back.

OP
OP
A

avocadoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally found out that it'll calibrate with the iPhone app but not my android.

But I've got a new problem. The dose it delivers seems to be completely random. I calibrated 20 mL to 22 seconds, and asked it to deliver a 20 mL dose. It did. A programmed it to deliver a 4 mL dose and it just started pumping and didn't stop for five minutes until I pulled the plug then asked for 10 ml and it delivered 50. Then asked for 20 and it gave 20 again.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao makes a great return pump and wave makers but IMO they missed there mark on the dosers. I stopped using the two I have. Good Luck with yours

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back