AWC tubing getting clogged

Cody000125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All!

Recently had an issue with my AWC system (running it through a DOS) clogging up. Here's a picture below of what it looked like, it got so clogged the waste line wasn't pulling out any more water. It seems to only get clogged like this on the waste line.

20240105_173403.jpg

I ended up cleaning it out by running some vinegar/water through the lines which worked well. Although I'm starting to get buildup in the tubing again, and was curious if others are running into this issue? Is there a way to prevent this? Am I running the wrong tubing? Could it be the heat in my cabinet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

20240308_210258.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

Recently had an issue with my AWC system (running it through a DOS) clogging up. Here's a picture below of what it looked like, it got so clogged the waste line wasn't pulling out any more water. It seems to only get clogged like this on the waste line.

20240105_173403.jpg

I ended up cleaning it out by running some vinegar/water through the lines which worked well. Although I'm starting to get buildup in the tubing again, and was curious if others are running into this issue? Is there a way to prevent this? Am I running the wrong tubing? Could it be the heat in my cabinet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

20240308_210258.jpg
what is your dkh are you using 2 part?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back