anyone know how to stop vibrio ?

kevensquint

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2014
Messages
415
Reaction score
153
Location
montreal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so my SPS tank seems to be under a mild attack of vibrio "à la Sanjay". Some of my thriving acros started to get an odd appearance of their tissue, and a few have now started to peel. It is subsequent to 3 back to back power outages which happened while at work. Since the lights were off for 4-5 hours no photosynthesis occurred during those days, but my dosers once the power came on continued dosing as usual. Which meant my Alk particularly spiked. Actually over that week, it was all over the place. I believe this was the stress which provoked the bacteria infection. So, do I just wait and see, or is there an effective " safe" antibiotic" ?
I use U.V, which might be helping since nothing catastrophic is happening, but something bad is slowly happening.
 
bump! I hope a stick head jumps in here
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new