OP
OP
X

xxoczukxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 4 foot long 91 gallon from RedSea. It comes with the plumbing and sump. Comes with all needed to set up: AI Prime LED light and tank mounting arm, Sicce Syncra SDC return pump 3.0, (both items app ready) 150lbs of live rock, protein skimmer body and cup, heater, wavemaker, Tank cover, and 2 boxes of brand new unopened supplies I never got to use. Are you interested?
where are you located?

builder bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @xxoczukxx

Thanks so much for the consideration! really appreciated.

Got your email too. We are closed over the weekend. Silas will get your a reply on Monday. Hope thats ok.

Great questions.... 48 x 18 x 21 Tall Glass Rimless vs 48 x 20 x 20 Tall Glass Rimless. two things going on here, glass yield and glass thickness.

So for a 48 x 18 x 21 tall, we would build this with 1/2" thick bottom and 1/2" thick walls. If you go over the 21" tall, we would build with all 3/4" FYI.

now for the 48 x 20 x 20 Tall. Our spec calls fro 3/4" for the bottom and sides. That 2" extra in width is just enough to change the thickness for our specifications. Also, we measure the yield of glass by the 6" and 12". So a 48 x 24 x 20 Tall would be the same prices as the 48 x 20 x 20 tall that you selected. Both of these items contribute to the price difference you have experienced.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it doesn't.

We are here to help. honored for the consideration.
I didn't think width made any difference on the amount of pressure against the side glass. The only thing that created increased pressure on the glass was the depth of the water. If I recall a tank 10 inches long by 10 inches wide by 18 inches tall has the same pressure on the walls as a tank 10 feet long by 10 feet wide by 18 inches tall. Please correct me because I would like to know. Thank you.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you are looking at a price point too. Have you looked on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace? I love my 48” x 24” x 24” Euro-Braced Aquarium. Gives me plenty of front to back space for rock, and it‘s internal overflow. Also I have a non Euro-Braced Aquarium, the thing I dislike, is every time I’m in the Aquarium, I have water running down the sides. Not a problem with the Euro-Braced.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think width made any difference on the amount of pressure against the side glass. The only thing that created increased pressure on the glass was the depth of the water. If I recall a tank 10 inches long by 10 inches wide by 18 inches tall has the same pressure on the walls as a tank 10 feet long by 10 feet wide by 18 inches tall. Please correct me because I would like to know. Thank you.
Great points. No correction.... this is a dialogue.

A 10" x 10" x 18" tall built with 3/8" thick glass, would you recommend building the 120" x 120" x 18" tall with 3/8" thick glass? Size does play a roll in the thickness needed for structure even if the height is still the same. We would build the 120 x 120 x 18 tall with 3/4 wall and a double bottom of 3/4 and 3/8. We want the tank to last.

Thanks so much.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back