Anyone know of 48 x 20 x 20 tanks?

xxoczukxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a specific dimension tank, preferably reef ready and rimless.

The closest I have found are seapora 75g coming in at 48x18x20 and waterbox's Marine X 110.4 coming in at 47.2 x 19.7 x 21.7. My third option, would be a glasscages tank. I have heard good things about them, but the tank at 48x18x21 would come out to about $800 if I add the overflow. More for black silicone, and it would weigh 165 lbs. If I wanted a 48x20x20 like originally, the weight goes up to 315 pounds for some reason? Which is a heck of a lot and idk how id carry it into my house. It would also up the price to $1150 for the tank. This is just regular glass, no low iron or anything either otherwise it would add roughly $200-$300 more.

I would do the waterbox, but I doubt they would sell just the tank alone and I do not need a sump as I had recently bought a trigger sump for my setup and I planned to just replace the tank itself and reuse the sump, some of the plumbing, and the pumps.

Does anyone have any recommendations on tanks roughly these dimensions? Any brands I missed that might be good?

SmCaudata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The closest I have found are seapora 75g coming in at 48x18x20 and waterbox's Marine X 110.4 coming in at 47.2 x 19.7 x 21.7. My third option, would be a glasscages tank. I have heard good things about them, but the tank at 48x18x21 would come out to about $800 if I add the overflow. More for black silicone, and it would weigh 165 lbs. If I wanted a 48x20x20 like originally, the weight goes up to 315 pounds for some reason? Which is a heck of a lot and idk how id carry it into my house. It would also up the price to $1150 for the tank. This is just regular glass, no low iron or anything either otherwise it would add roughly $200-$300 more.

I would do the waterbox, but I doubt they would sell just the tank alone and I do not need a sump as I had recently bought a trigger sump for my setup and I planned to just replace the tank itself and reuse the sump, some of the plumbing, and the pumps.

Does anyone have any recommendations on tanks roughly these dimensions? Any brands I missed that might be good?
The weight difference has to do with glass thickness. If you pick a Braced aquarium from glass cages it will be lighter.

OP
OP
X

xxoczukxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The weight difference has to do with glass thickness. If you pick a Braced aquarium from glass cages it will be lighter.
Well Im using their calculator and really just swapping between 48x20x20 and 48x18x21. Would the extra width inches and less height really require that much heavier glass?

I did email them so I guess I will await a response or give them a call monday to get more info

OP
OP
X

xxoczukxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about IM? They don't come with sumps and they also sell tank only.

i did not know they had non aio! i will take a look! the one you linked is a bit too wide. I shouldve thought ahead when i made my stand 51x21 but alas, im limited to roughly a 20" wide tank

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Im using their calculator and really just swapping between 48x20x20 and 48x18x21. Would the extra width inches and less height really require that much heavier glass?

I did email them so I guess I will await a response or give them a call monday to get more info
@Joe Glass Cages might be able to help

w98789

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exact size you asked for but Elos 120 is 120x57x50h

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi @xxoczukxx

Thanks so much for the consideration! really appreciated.

Got your email too. We are closed over the weekend. Silas will get your a reply on Monday. Hope thats ok.

Great questions.... 48 x 18 x 21 Tall Glass Rimless vs 48 x 20 x 20 Tall Glass Rimless. two things going on here, glass yield and glass thickness.

So for a 48 x 18 x 21 tall, we would build this with 1/2" thick bottom and 1/2" thick walls. If you go over the 21" tall, we would build with all 3/4" FYI.

now for the 48 x 20 x 20 Tall. Our spec calls fro 3/4" for the bottom and sides. That 2" extra in width is just enough to change the thickness for our specifications. Also, we measure the yield of glass by the 6" and 12". So a 48 x 24 x 20 Tall would be the same prices as the 48 x 20 x 20 tall that you selected. Both of these items contribute to the price difference you have experienced.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it doesn't.

We are here to help. honored for the consideration.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SC Aquariums sure does make some gorgeous tanks. Great mention.

I have a 50g starfire cube from them. Cant complain about the product @ all. Bought it second hand from a fellow reefer 4+ years ago, its probably 8-9 years old now from what I recall. Only thing I hate imho is that any scratches show up something fierce with low iron glass.

OP
OP
X

xxoczukxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @xxoczukxx

Thanks so much for the consideration! really appreciated.

Got your email too. We are closed over the weekend. Silas will get your a reply on Monday. Hope thats ok.

Great questions.... 48 x 18 x 21 Tall Glass Rimless vs 48 x 20 x 20 Tall Glass Rimless. two things going on here, glass yield and glass thickness.

So for a 48 x 18 x 21 tall, we would build this with 1/2" thick bottom and 1/2" thick walls. If you go over the 21" tall, we would build with all 3/4" FYI.

now for the 48 x 20 x 20 Tall. Our spec calls fro 3/4" for the bottom and sides. That 2" extra in width is just enough to change the thickness for our specifications. Also, we measure the yield of glass by the 6" and 12". So a 48 x 24 x 20 Tall would be the same prices as the 48 x 20 x 20 tall that you selected. Both of these items contribute to the price difference you have experienced.

Hope this helps. Let me know if it doesn't.

We are here to help. honored for the consideration.
makes sense, thank you! i will await his response to my email!

Captain Redbeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it is not a reef ready and I would rather not task myself with drilling a $1000 tank haha
You could use a VIV glass overflow. Or ADA Lily inlet and outlet. Not typical “reef” stuff, but quite aesthetically pleasing and IMO better. I am using lily inlet and outlets on my build. I understand not wanting to drill lol. Just some ideas.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Masters, 48” x 20” x 18” for a 80 gallon Rimless with a Plastic Bottom Support/Edging.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello. I have a 4 foot long 91 gallon from RedSea. It comes with the plumbing and sump. Comes with all needed to set up: AI Prime LED light and tank mounting arm, Sicce Syncra SDC return pump 3.0, (both items app ready) 150lbs of live rock, protein skimmer body and cup, heater, wavemaker, Tank cover, and 2 boxes of brand new unopened supplies I never got to use. Are you interested?

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Go with Custom Aquariums. I bought a 240 black silicone delivered to my house for 2,000. Perfect condition.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 111 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back