?? Seapora Tanks

rhizotron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my eye on a Seapora frag tank for a new project. More specifically, this one....

Seapora Rimless Aquarium - Frag - 21 gallons

...and I just wondered if anybody here might have thoughts on build quality and other details. If a respondent might have that very same enclosure and if it it's not too much trouble, I would also be interested to know more precise inside width and height dimensions.

Last edited:

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good lord, $180 for a 21 gallon tank? I don't see why this would ever be called a "frag tank". the dimensions are all wrong.

Here are some other options that give you more square inches (or centimeters, whichever your persuasion) of floor space. Function over form when it comes to frag systems.
28 Gallon ZooMed Low Boy $98 at my LFS
50 Gallon zooMed Low Boy - An absolute frag tank go-to, Usually $120-140 at my LFS
20 Gallon long from petco, $27 (390 square inches of space vs. 400 with the Seapora)

OP
OP
rhizotron

rhizotron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good lord, $180 for a 21 gallon tank? I don't see why this would ever be called a "frag tank". the dimensions are all wrong.

Here are some other options that give you more square inches (or centimeters, whichever your persuasion) of floor space. Function over form when it comes to frag systems.
28 Gallon ZooMed Low Boy $98 at my LFS
50 Gallon zooMed Low Boy - An absolute frag tank go-to, Usually $120-140 at my LFS
20 Gallon long from petco, $27 (390 square inches of space vs. 400 with the Seapora)

Im not using it as a frag tank. It's for a display tank project and I want something rimless with that approximate size and shape.

My inquiry is about the Seapora, not those other ones you link.

Last edited:

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 80 rimless and it seems like quality is great. Also have a rimmed 30 breeder from them which also seems great. Could the silicone be more perfect? Sure… but the price is right.

OP
OP
rhizotron

rhizotron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 80 rimless and it seems like quality is great. Also have a rimmed 30 breeder from them which also seems great. Could the silicone be more perfect? Sure… but the price is right.

Thanks very much!

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not using it as a frag tank. It's for a display tank project and I want something rimless with that approximate size and shape.

My inquiry is about the Seapora, not those other ones you link.

my baaaad
Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back