Anyone know what protein skimmer this is?

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg I had this given to me. I have no idea what it is, or which pump it needs. Neither does the previous owner. So I'm trying to figure out what it is, or if anything is missing, what pump it needs, or if it's worth messing with. Thanks

image.jpeg

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eggyoke is correct, it is a EuroReef.

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euro reef became Reef Dynamics, that closed last year.

They used to make great skimmers.

OP
OP
Scott.h

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did email them earlier today after finding out what it is. Sucky thing is for the replacement pump and fitting I need is almost $200. For an extra little bit I can have a whole new skimmer.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you missing the part that goes on the pump where the airline tubing hooks up or the piece that goes on the other end to control the amount of air you allow in??

OP
OP
Scott.h

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you missing the part that goes on the pump where the airline tubing hooks up or the piece that goes on the other end to control the amount of air you allow in??
Actually we found that collar. I think I have everything just trying to see how it goes together. I have an unused sicce 5.0 pump.. Any idea if I could use it?

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1371.JPG
If you take a look at this picture it shows where that collar piece goes and on the other end of the hose is a small control valve. In this picture the control valve is orange and grey.

OP
OP
Scott.h

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1371.JPG
If you take a look at this picture it shows where that collar piece goes and on the other end of the hose is a small control valve. In this picture the control valve is orange and grey.
ok I see that goes on the front of the pump. That's a slightly different skimmer, but apparently I'm still missing the orange thing

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you google Euroreef skimmer and look at the images you'll see they made many different designs. All you need now is a proper pump and a small valve for fine tuning the air. Like I said they made different designs so the little valve could be orange , white, black etc... I'm sure any of those would work. The pump is the important part. You need to try to properly identify exactly which model skimmer you have . Then you can be sure to get the proper pump or one that will suitable work with your skimmer.

You have a very good skimmer on your hands and if you can find a suitable pump at a reasonable cost I would definitely recommend using this skimmer. That is as long as it doesn't have anything else wrong with it. ;)

Eggyoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to tell you that I just threw away a never used Sedra 5000. Tried to sell it for $50 but got no takers.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back