Anyone know what this is

  • Thread starter Thread starter gparr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
20
Location
NW Chicago Suburbs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this growing on a rock. Anyone know what it is? Was going to put it in the softie/leather forum, but I don't see one.
Gary

unknownleather01.jpg
 
Gary it looks like a neon green toadstool frag. I have the same little baby growing on one of my rocks! LOL!
 
Found this growing on a rock. Anyone know what it is? Was going to put it in the softie/leather forum, but I don't see one.
Gary

unknownleather01.jpg
Could be a nice colored xenia of some sort. Does the winner get a frag when it grows out?:bigsmile: Maybe a sponge?
 
I have something similar to it, but mines pink ! That thing is SWEET looking !
I can't get a very good pic of mine -_-
 
Looks like it might be a Rhytisma sp. Here's a pic from seaslugforum.net:
m13893a.jpg


Couldn't find a pic of it open, but the pics in Sprung's book look similar to it when it's opened too. That's my best guess. If it is Rhystima sp. it needs mod-high light and flow, and is pretty hardy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new