Anyone know what this might be?

Hockeypunk1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
372
Reaction score
154
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled this out off some liverock.
20170205_121526.jpg
20170205_121418.jpg
20170205_121414.jpg
 
It looks like perhaps it's a nudibranch. It it flat-ish?
 
It's completely flat. I wish I could get a better pic. It's def not a bristol worm I thought it was at first then I looked at it under a microscope. It's about 1cm and it's head is shaped like an arrow with reddish spots all around us outer body
 
Can you see two little antennae or is it perfectly flat?
 
Ah, from over here it looks like the dark dots are antennae. If it's flat, I'll roll with flatworm.

Don't put it back in.
 
No, it's not a chiton.
 
Yeah definitely just add some flatworm exit clear it right out for you, its reef safe too
 
Yeah definitely just add some flatworm exit clear it right out for you, its reef safe too
Right on. I'm definitely going to monitor the situation. Hopefully this is the only one. I know that's unlikely, but I haven't seen any more. It is quite large so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have had the tiny white ones that eat algae. I was really concerned that it could be aefw or monti eating nudis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new