anyone local make or get aquariums?

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a new aquarium and thought I would support local reefers first. Would like to know if someone makes tanks and if not, if they can order a tank.
Thanks, Dave J

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of tank are you looking for?

I know I'd be interested also if there's someone local that builds tanks...

I did purchase my Frag Swap show tank from Midwest Custom Aquariums (website), and it turned out awesome.... The one I before that was from Glass Cages, and needless to say It was returned and my money back....

OP
OP
cubsare1

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glass or acrylic doesn't matter, 36x30x18 or 48x24x18, something around these. I would like 3ft at least and wide. I'm actually looking at glass cages 95 4 wide

condiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For price wise glasscages is better but the quality isn't there I have several companys that I deal with that the quality is way better but the price is more all in all you pay for what you get

OP
OP
cubsare1

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For price wise glasscages is better but the quality isn't there I have several companys that I deal with that the quality is way better but the price is more all in all you pay for what you get

do you sell tanks? if so could you pm me some prices? i got a quote for an acrylic for $600 shipped and envision acrylic was $600 for tank and $375 for shipping. still waiting to hear from miricles in glass

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiousity, what was wrong with the glasscages tank?

Wrong thickness, horrible seams, fingerprints in glue, etc...

This should sum it up...

I have seen a couple of their glass tanks and they looked ok... for the price. But the customer service is going to discourage me to go back...

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also would like to do a custom 3 or 4 ft cube in the near future but glass cages scares me some as it is hit or miss with them it seems and i dont really know of anywhere else.

condiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that's where what I do comes In handy to find the best places to get custom aquariums from

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that's where what I do comes In handy to find the best places to get custom aquariums from

so where would be best place to have a 3 or 4 ft x 18inch or so cube made?Willing to pay more then glass cages but not arm and a leg.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a glasscages tank and I don't mind it at all!!! I was actually kind of happy with the build of it. Was it absolutely perfect? NO. But for the price and what you get I wouldn't think twice!

Eric

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a good one but many junk ones out there also.It was different for you as you got yours used and got to see what it was like first instead of driving how many hours to meet them at their truck just to get some point of sale.

condiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for a lot of my glass tanks I go to concept aquariums cuz of there timely service and great customer service this past year I have gotten 6 from them

haydenp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have an local acrylics guy down here that I swear can make anything. He's done display cases, holders, stands and a few large tanks (including the one we had at the swap) for Discovery World. Good prices and Mike the owner is a all around good, honest guy. He will also refuse custom work he isn't sure he can do perfectly with his 30+ years of experience, instead of half assing something. That earned him a ton of respect in my book.

American Acrylics USA

108 11th Ave, South Milwaukee, WI
(414) 766-1000 ‎

OP
OP
cubsare1

cubsare1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was thinking of going with glass cages, would have been $500 plus I would still need to add the overflow box and pick it up in madison. After talking with the e=bay guy he agreed to ship both tanks to my house for free. Now just wait and see what the tanks look like.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back