New aquarium thoughts..

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefing fam, just wanted to make a post and get as many opinions as possible out the new aquariums for sale on the market right now. Who or what brand do you guys like or trust? I have seen a few companies where they are including lots of things with the tanks now, such as skimmers and filter rollers, return pumps and lights/powerheads. What is everyone’s thoughts? I’m a little bit curious (also skeptical) about buying a tank and having everything that runs the reef system all inclusive from one company. Has anyone bought one of these systems and if so what are your thoughts? Also what system(s) would you guys recommend to someone nowadays? My current little 32 gal biocube is doing very well and everything is healthy and growing, so I’m looking to add another tank that probably somewhere in the 90-120 gallon range. I have always been someone who overthinks and over investigates things prior to making a purchase so I would really appreciate all income from you guys. Thanks in advance for all your help and advice

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big fan of waterbox based on my research, if you want a standard to large size system. They don’t try to make everything in house and focus on quality stands, tanks and sumps. I have a Redsea reefer myself and wouldn’t buy again for the price. It very nice, but not worth the price tag imo. I also have a reefcasa AIO 18 gallon lagoon waiting to be unboxed, excellent bang for your buck. Finally, I always tend to have better luck with DIY systems, everything in my 50 gallon lowboy frag system just seems to grow better :grinning-squinting-face:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello reefing fam, just wanted to make a post and get as many opinions as possible out the new aquariums for sale on the market right now. Who or what brand do you guys like or trust? I have seen a few companies where they are including lots of things with the tanks now, such as skimmers and filter rollers, return pumps and lights/powerheads. What is everyone’s thoughts? I’m a little bit curious (also skeptical) about buying a tank and having everything that runs the reef system all inclusive from one company. Has anyone bought one of these systems and if so what are your thoughts? Also what system(s) would you guys recommend to someone nowadays? My current little 32 gal biocube is doing very well and everything is healthy and growing, so I’m looking to add another tank that probably somewhere in the 90-120 gallon range. I have always been someone who overthinks and over investigates things prior to making a purchase so I would really appreciate all income from you guys. Thanks in advance for all your help and advice
Small tanks- Innovative Marine and Waterbox

Large:
Glass cages and Tenecor

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back