Whats your favourite tool when cleaning your aquarium?

Tomb85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Thought I would start a discussion on what your favourite tool or tools when cleaning your aquarium or aquariums as some of us have more than one!

There's many tools out there and also many DIY tools also, so lets share and help each other and help the people new to this hobbies with some wackiest tool ideas and methods out there!

My favourite tool is a turkey baster and toothbrush as they both do a great job in the aquarium. Turkey baster on sand and rock. Toothbrush on rock for algea and cleaning equipment best tool in my opinion.

OP
OP
Tomb85

Tomb85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll second the Turkey Baster and Toothbrush and add Tunze Care Magnet Strong
Yeah I agree with the tunze care magnet best I've used and reasonably priced compared to others aswell.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a cup of bourbon.......after a few it makes the tank look AMAZING!!!

I use a shark magnet cleaner and i do love the ability to switch out pads to a pad with a blade on it for coraline. I do also like a turkey baster or small pump to clean out the rock, but I dont use them enough.

corey

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turkey Baster and this Phillips Avent Baby Bottle Brush. Note; the Plastic Snap Clamp on the Baster.
image.jpg

teresawm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Thought I would start a discussion on what your favourite tool or tools when cleaning your aquarium or aquariums as some of us have more than one!

There's many tools out there and also many DIY tools also, so lets share and help each other and help the people new to this hobbies with some wackiest tool ideas and methods out there!

My favourite tool is a turkey baster and toothbrush as they both do a great job in the aquarium. Turkey baster on sand and rock. Toothbrush on rock for algea and cleaning equipment best tool in my opinion.
Thanks never thought to use a toothbrush on rock

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s a mag cleaner.. one side has a metal blade and the other side when “flipped” has a soft pad.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back