• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Anyone make and sell this 3D item?

OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pitvi, I agree. Their designers should get some inspiration from an Italian lighting company GNC.

https://www.aquariumpartners.com/product-page/gnc-blue-ray-mpro
Bridge-M.1.jpg
Archetti.1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WoW, NICE!! Looks very promising. Keep perfecting it.

Will the flex mount strong enough to support the weight of XR15 Pro?? Make sure the connection section between the adapter and flex mount large enough, strong enough for a long haul.

Put your own design logo on the adapter. With the right marketing, you can turn this into a profitable business. Look at those 3D nem guards for MP10,40,60.

Last edited:

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WoW, NICE!! Looks very promising. Keep perfecting it.

Will the flex mount strong enough to support the weight of XR15 Pro?? Make sure the connection section between the adapter and flex mount large enough, strong enough for a long haul.

Put your own design logo on the adapter. With the right marketing, you can turn this into a profitable business. Look at those 3D nem guards for MP10,40,60.
Good questions on the weight. It appeared to be holding in that photo you posted in the first post. Difficult to test everything without an actual xr15. The flex arm is pretty sturdy. I used ABS plastic which is strong and rigid. It screws together snugly but it is plastic so potentially could be overtightened and the threads stripped in the adapter. One of the difficulties in designing when you don't have the actual item to test with. I have octopulse 2 wave makers so I designed nem guards for those that take the place of the original guard.
IMG_4804.JPG

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone want to test out the xr15 to AI flex arm adapter? I can send the plastic piece with a couple screws. I think the holes line up properly but not sure about the fit. It looks like the xr15 has a couple raised cone like things around the screw holes. I have counter sunk the underside of the adapter..(yellow arrow) I mainly need someone to confirm the holes line up properly. It sits flush on the surface of the light and the screws are the proper length. Also would be nice if the square piece of the adapter is against the back of the light but probably not necessary for it to hold securely (red area).

IMG_4995.JPG

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I can print and send you it if you want!

Biglex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was this ever tested?? I have a hydra 26hd over the frag tank that I'm going to switch to a xr15 geo 5 pro maybe next week. and have the same arm currently on my tank. possible to get the file or send one to test??
BE219442-A05E-4EBC-885F-8CAFDDFB3C19.JPG

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was this ever tested?? I have a hydra 26hd over the frag tank that I'm going to switch to a xr15 geo 5 pro maybe next week. and have the same arm currently on my tank. possible to get the file or send one to test??
BE219442-A05E-4EBC-885F-8CAFDDFB3C19.JPG
No I haven't tried it on an XR15 yet. I can send you the prototype. Msg me your address and I will put it in the mail.

Bapperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Shirak,
I would be interested in buying one of these adaptors from you that fits a radion xr15. Are you still able to print?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Shirak,
I would be interested in buying one of these adaptors from you that fits a radion xr15. Are you still able to print?
Yes, however I have had reports of the flex arm not supporting the light in some cases so I am not keen on selling them. When I first tested them I used it on my flex arm here and it held. Maybe the new flex arms are weaker?

Bapperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang okay. Any chance you have tried the hydra 32 flex mount? I would think that flex arm is more sturdy since it is designed to hold a larger light and is closer in size to the xr15.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang okay. Any chance you have tried the hydra 32 flex mount? I would think that flex arm is more sturdy since it is designed to hold a larger light and is closer in size to the xr15.

It could work better if it is stiffer than the Hydra flex arm. I have not seen it in person though. The attachment to the light is different also. So without the Hydra32 flex arm I can’t redesign the adapter. Maybe I will look into getting one to work with.

Bapperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I actually ended up solving my issue by purchasing the Kessil A series mount. This one can be loosened to swivel the light out of the way as needed. I have the xr15 with the xr15 mount and just drilled holes in the rms bracket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I actually ended up solving my issue by purchasing the Kessil A series mount. This one can be loosened to swivel the light out of the way as needed. I have the xr15 with the xr15 mount and just drilled holes in the rms bracket.
Could you show us a photo of how it swivels to the side.

MarcosTacos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to upgrade to the Radion XR25 G5s from my primes and I also hate the mounts that EcoTech offers. Can you still make these attachments? I would need 2.
Hey man! I have a 3d printer and just got myself a g5 xr15. Would you mind sharing the file to your design? Also do you need any hardware or are the threads directly into the plastic?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back