Anyone make sushi?

What would you recommend to get started on learning to make rolls? A local class? Or are there any good online tutorials you would recommend?
 
i don´t, but those looks delicious!!

my favorites down here in Costa rica are : Ceviche roll (regular california roll with "ceviche" on top of it)

looks like this
kokoa-sushi-wok.jpg


and another with strawberry inside. really surprising how good it is.
 
I'm trying to get my vinegar/sugar/salt mixture down for the rice.

I don't make raw sushi at home. I wanted a trained chef assessing the fish before I eat it!
 
Would love to compare recipes, techniques and equipment :)

sushishrimp.jpg
sushiavocado.jpg
Well this puts mine to shame:( I'm not a raw fish kinda girl but I do love smoked eel.:D
 
I own a sushi restaurant in Chesapeake VA.. Lol come see me if you come here. We can eat sushi and talk about our reef tank.. Lol

I'm on my way......

If I seriously lived within a couple of hours of you, I would be there.
 
I'm on my way......

If I seriously lived within a couple of hours of you, I would be there.
Well I'd love for you to show up and I could meet you both, I'm only 15-20 min. Away!:D
 
I'm on my way......

If I seriously lived within a couple of hours of you, I would be there.
Wait you live like 1 min from the best Asian and Japanese stores in Cali. Not to mention the restaurants. I got in trouble with the Mrs and Mrs Jr. last week because I was on the 5 not the 405 to stop at the Super Daiso Market.
 
But to sit down a talk sushi with a fellow reefer.... who had access to gobs and gobs of samples for me to try..... priceless.
 
I have made my own before but I prefer to sit an drink saki while Simone else makes them lol i don't like the sashimi or any of the raw fish kind I like the eel sauce it's yummy here is a pic of dinner last night

Spider roll : softshell crab roll

@X.M.Chen teach us how to make the yum yum or seafood sauce whatever you call it :-)

20160421_183846.jpg
 
That looks so delish.

I pretty much had a roll every night at work and now that I'm not working, I'm missing my fix.
 
Ooooh boy, I have such a weak tummy that I can't eat any form of fish anymore without thinking about what's in my aquarium! And I know I'm a hypocrite, because I do eat meat.
 
Sushi doesn't actually mean fish.
 
One of my favs is a crunch shrimp roll basically tempura shrimp with avacodo cucumber and surimi "imitation crab"

Do you use the wasabi?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new