Anyone out there with seahorses?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kjimartin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Do you find it difficult to care for seahorses?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 4 100.0%

  • Total voters
    4

Kjimartin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
13
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my piebalds. I have about 40 fry at 2 months or older.

9EF3F1A5-59D7-4498-897D-E544FAE53D78.png


074AE114-C2C2-4416-81F0-D6FAE62E38EB.png


034976CA-2F3E-4266-A879-7749DC17D6DB.png


09F22BE0-B573-4213-86B2-F9246CDB7950.png


D920FA58-3CF3-4470-835F-9DAC36AAA731.jpeg
 
I purchased all of these beauties from Dan Underwood at Seahorse Source.
 
These delicate animals are so cool to me . Just don't want all the responsibilities of caring for them.
 
Good for you! Keeping adult seahorses are not hard for me to keep when I am keeping up with husbandry and water changes. Now fry...that is another story for me. I raised 15 out of 22 my first and last try. It was so much work I never wanted to do it again.

Your ponies are gourgeous. 2 of my 3 are also from Dan Underwood. He is awesome.
 
Thank you for your reply. I think many people want seahorses but are unsure or misled about how to keep them. I find them easier to keep than many fish and corals. I think this needs to be taught and shared with many people, including local pet stores.
 
I thought one needs to raise daily baby brine , special filtration & tiptop water quality. Please tell us more .
 
Thank you for your reply. I think many people want seahorses but are unsure or misled about how to keep them. I find them easier to keep than many fish and corals. I think this needs to be taught and shared with many people, including local pet stores.
I'd love to hear more. I've been too intimidated by the idea based on what I hear everywhere I go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new