Anyone regret getting ApexEL instead of 2016?

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an Apex in general but getting the EL instead of the regular. I'm getting closer to making a choice and to be fair all I really need is temp control and power monitoring and with the money I save I could get another PM1 and temp/ph probe and monitor a second tank. Long term I'm thinking about flow monitors so that I could keep my return off the apex just in case something where to happen yet I could still monitor it's performance. Of course when the trident finally comes out I'm going to want it so I should learn how to use an apex now.

I'm just worried I'm going to regret not going all in. I am aware the salinity probe is not considered reliable - does it generally just read wrong or does the calibration not hold as well? While I have been using kessil led's for more then 7 years my secret shame (or laziness) is that I have NEVER controlled them. They are still on simple mechanical timers. My powerheads either have their own controllers or are non controllable so I don't really need the 0-10v but I will admit since I got a nero 5 I have enjoyed being able to control it from my phone. At the same time the less you "play" with things that aren't toys the better.

This is a big purchase for me so I'd love to hear some other peoples thoughts. The only controller I have experience with is the reef keeper lite. Thanks!

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn’t anything about the full version that you can’t add to the EL with a module if you want it down the line.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 167 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back