Anyone running ozone through a Maxspect Jump skimmer?

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was such a small price difference between the 30 and 90 models. I figured if I ever upgraded it'd be nice to have the bigger one instead of re-buy. In this instance for the cost I'd rather go bigger and turn it down than potentially max out on a smaller unit and wish I had more options.

Dibi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I also have the SK400. Is it working perfectly? Any issues so far? It is a bit confuse, I've saw the entrances but I don't know how it manage to let the ozone go inside the skimmer. I mean, I can't see any connections or holes beetween the ozone entrance and the skimmer body. But if it works it works.

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah everything is working great! If you look at my earlier posts in this thread I show the inlet ports you’ll want to connect your ozone generator to.

That inlet port will draw the ozone from your generator and pull it down to the submerged intakes of the skimmer and mix with the water and air in the body of your skimmer.

Dibi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah everything is working great! If you look at my earlier posts in this thread I show the inlet ports you’ll want to connect your ozone generator to.

That inlet port will draw the ozone from your generator and pull it down to the submerged intakes of the skimmer and mix with the water and air in the body of your skimmer.

Nice! How much are you dosing and in what frequency?

Dibi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up here, are you not using air compressor correct?

I do not know why, but my orp was 140 before ozone, it was getting close to 200, and then after a water change the ORP return to 150 and now is flat...

How long does it took to increase your orp? I turning on every 105 minutes for 20 minutes. It's a 1g/h ozonizer.

Thank you!
See my post #14 on this thread. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not using an air compressor, just letting the draw from my skimmer pull it in.

Regarding the readings after a water change, that's quite normal. Anytime I do a WC my ORP reading crashes and takes days to recover.

Dibi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not using an air compressor, just letting the draw from my skimmer pull it in.

Regarding the readings after a water change, that's quite normal. Anytime I do a WC my ORP reading crashes and takes days to recover.
Ok, I also using a 6mm tube. Sorry, the last one, do you think that 250mg/h is enough?

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I don't think I have the experience to advise on that. The AquaMedic ozone unit I bought was very vauge about its output. It simply has up/down buttons for levels 1-10 with no description how many mg are being produced.

If you're doing this for this for water clarity I'd start with the lowest setting and run it for an hour each night. If the water looks good in the morning your all set, if not keep incrementally increasing how much your producing each night and then checking the results in the morning until you see the water clarity you’re looking for.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back