Anyone seen/had an ORA stubby clownfish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azedenkae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2021
Messages
2,448
Reaction score
2,215
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.orafarm.com/product/stubby-ocellaris/
This one. I was curious and searched around but could not see any sellers. Anyone actually had one of these? If so, what were they like? Did they seem deformed like with a bent spine or something, or was it more like missing a few bones or something?

P.S. Not looking to buy one, I am good with my two at the moment. Just curious.
 
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get any answers for you
 
I saw one at my local fish store, it looked like it was squished together, but no abnormal spine or deformation from what I saw
 
I saw one at my local fish store, it looked like it was squished together, but no abnormal spine or deformation from what I saw
Oh that's cool. Did you reckon it looked 'nice'? Or the squished-ness just looks off?
 
I think it's a combination of missing vertebrae and kinked spine. You can see the kink in the ORA photo--it's causing the dorsal fin (the top fin) to lean forward versus on a normal clownfish where the dorsal starts in a more perpendicular position.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new