Anyone tell me what this is?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hig789
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hig789

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
485
Reaction score
81
Location
Western KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pretty much have been in my tank since I set it up. It's been running for about 2 months(I used established live rock) Seem to like the shaded areas. There's a bunch in the little cave I have in the middle of my rock.

They don't really spread that I have noticed or really bother anything. Just look like a bunch of tiny little trees or twigs with no leaves on them(best I know how to describe them). Just curious what it is.

I don't have any fish, just corals, I do feed my LPS a few times a week but that's it's.

Parameters are good. With weekly 15-20% water changes.

Nitrates - 0-2.5(salifert)
CA - 420
Alk - 8.3
Mg - 1360
Salinity - 1.026
No phosphate test yet though, it's in the mail.

9dff32583d7a77bf126e78951231d4fd.jpg

6b6e0f16c5eedd7abc6a965ca40798a3.jpg
 
Well from what I red they have a poor survival rate and there's not many predators for them. They don't harm anything do they
 
Nope; no harm. I've grown them in my system before, but I do feed a lot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new