Anyone use dragon's breath macro algae?!

OP
OP
trevorspencer94

trevorspencer94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, thanks for the response, seeing as I have a 29 biocube I'm planning on putting it in, there won't be any tangs (if there was I wouldn't ever admit it! Haha jk, no tangs in a tank less than 6ft for me). I'm gonna role with it, don't think my pair of firefish, Royal gramma, or Ocellaris would bother it.

lfrazier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, thanks for the response, seeing as I have a 29 biocube I'm planning on putting it in, there won't be any tangs (if there was I wouldn't ever admit it! Haha jk, no tangs in a tank less than 6ft for me). I'm gonna role with it, don't think my pair of firefish, Royal gramma, or Ocellaris would bother it.
Dont be surprised if you see that clown trying to host in there.. I had that happen one time too.

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get some at reef a palooza but I knew my tangs would devour it! Super cool looking though

OP
OP
trevorspencer94

trevorspencer94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering getting rid of that pest, my Ocellaris bites the heck out of me any time I'm in the tank. It rushes to anything I even put in the water, like a scraper or turkey baster even, and tries to attack those too, lol. That would be neat though, maybe if she hosted something she would leave me alone as long as I don't go near her home.

SaltwaterSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is beautiful, but fragile and slow growing - I would never use it as a sump algae for nutrient control but a great display macro!

Ichtha_yo Stuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a piece a month ago from a vendor at Aquashella. It has done really well for me. It has doubled in size so I split some off. Yes it won’t grow like cheato but under the right conditions it does grow at a pretty good clip IMO.
4FC07775-7F95-47C2-BBDF-6EAC8D9E6E2F.jpeg
7C7D2303-4735-4BB3-88EC-58EB01FB5626.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back