Anyone use reefkeeper controllers? Reviews?

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you at all "geeky". Can you build your own controller (soldering electrical components and then programming with C++)? If so look at the Hydra.

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RKL and am very happy with it. I just use it for mainly my lights, couple fans, an air pump, and the temp probe. Considering the cost and my purpose, it's great. If you should want more capabilities then look into the Apex. Im not saying the Reef Keeper is not capable of more features because it is but when cost and purpose is the main factors, I chose the RKL.
Break down what you would want to do with the controller and go from there.

Last edited:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up my new to me rkl this afternoon. So far so good. Only downside to it so far is it wont do a complicated light cycle like mine with the two on's and off's. I had to set two timers and use the multi timer function. Hope I remember to reset it after the 62nd cycle. The three on events for the t-5s is yet even more challenging. I got the temp and Ph probes calibrated and it seems to be happy. I have a second power bar but its not working at the time. Just clicks so I think its dead.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back