anyone use this spectrapure level?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to be just some type of pressure switch. You'd have to add a pump, and I have no idea how this type of switch works.
If you're looking for an ATO, there are a number of great options out there, at just about the same price point as this item.

OP
OP
Codfather_az

Codfather_az

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I was thinking ato, it just seems that I'm seeing positive and negative opinions on optic vs float valve, but I have yet to see anything negative about pressure valves, at least as far as failure and overflows. I was just wondering if this is can work as a stand alone unit or do I need something like the litremeter snoopy mentioned.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need a Litermeter III head unit for this. All you will need is a pump to plug into it. Here is another angle of the unit. You can see the outlet where you plug in a pump.

5A68D479-3F2D-424F-986D-F13BE045F033.png

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it would work great. I use the spectrapure uplc which also uses a pressure switch. I've been using it for 7 years and haven't touched it once since setup.

OP
OP
Codfather_az

Codfather_az

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it would work great. I use the spectrapure uplc which also uses a pressure switch. I've been using it for 7 years and haven't touched it once since setup.
how much does the water level need to drop before it kicks on for yours?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you set it? does it just set whatever the water level is when it powers on?

The one you’re looking at is fixed and not adjustable. If The top tier UPLC units allow you to set the delta. You may want to email Spectrapure to find out what the delta is for that unit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back