Spectrapure dual media reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter SOGavity
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SOGavity

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2024
Messages
151
Reaction score
55
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About two weeks ago I set up a brand new Spectrapure dual media reactor. I put carbon in one side and GFO in the other. It worked great for the first couple of days and then the water flow basically turned into a trickle. As of this morning, there is no water coming out of the outlet hose at all, depite water looking to move through the carbon side. The GFO side basically does nothing. I haven't touched any of the "settings"... basically the valves haven't moved at all. I decided to a quick test and disconnected the hosing and running the eheim pump with just the hoses attached. It ran just fine, so there is nothing blocking the hoses and the pump certainly works. I decided to change out the media, and that didn't do anything either. Does anyone have experience with this brand or can tell me what's going on.

I should also meantion this reactor didn't come with sponges like it was suppose to. So I have the carbon in a media bag.
 
You want the carbon to NOT tumble, just have water passing through it. The GFO needs to tumble gently. It is better to use two separate reactors so you can control the flow through them.
 
most likely the GFO caked up into one solid mass which is why GFO needs to gently tumble.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new