Anyone using a Co2 scrubber?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dowtish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2011
Messages
7,043
Reaction score
85
Location
Murfreesboro TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added one to my system 2 days ago. I run a SWC 230 and used the hose provided with the skimmer and ran directly into the BRS reactor that I'm using to hold the media. This morning when I woke up, I found my skimmer overflowing. I assumed I would have to make a few adjustments to dial my skimmer once I made the change, but it ran fine for at least 36 hours with no issues. Not sure why it would do this?

Is there any reason that maybe the length of the hose has anything to do with it? Or how it is sitting? I doubt that is the issue, but I I am using just what is provided for the skimmer(until I find some more that is longer) and it is not nearly enough hose for me to set the reactor on the floor, so it is sitting on the corner of my sump sideways. I cant really see that this would make this happen, Im just guessing at this point.




I have done a waterchange and it has stopped overflowing, but I cant dial it down really at all right now.

Any insight or experience is appreciated?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new