Anyone using a Plank on an AIO?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using a Plank on an AIO? Are you attaching it to the outside glass, sides or the acrylic AIO wall? I have my Eheim sitting on a platform so that it sits over the mesh lid:
1710293135597.jpeg

1710293199439.jpeg

Not sure how this would work with a Plank since it looks like it needs a slot to fit the feed tube/pump into the tank. I've also seen that most have custom lids with cutouts for the Plank. Thing is, I like this lid and don't want one of those polycarbonate lids (I'm just not a fan). Is there a way to adapt the Plank to one of these lids or does it need to be a cutout? @Avast Justin ?

Thanks!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the plank, wish I did. AIO makes things difficult for sure. Are you currently dumping food into your return, rather than display because of the lid limitations?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine's not an AIO but it's attached to the outside glass on the side rather than the back. The screws are metal on mine so I wouldn't put it inside just because I don't want to risk it.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the plank, wish I did. AIO makes things difficult for sure. Are you currently dumping food into your return, rather than display because of the lid limitations?
I have the wifi plug set to turn off the return pumps and keep the gyre going, then the eheim drops the pellets right into the DT and they get blown around by the gyre. The Eheim is sitting on that 3d printed platform in the second pic, so it hovers over the DT.

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue. I just bought the plank this week and I have the IM 150 with a eurobrace and similar screen top. I suppose I need to cut a notch but don't have the same material to go around/reconnect for the opening for the tube. Or I can extend it so the tube drops through the screen but would have to remove the plank every time I lift the lid.
Any other options?
I don't want to do the sump mount.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue. I just bought the plank this week and I have the IM 150 with a eurobrace and similar screen top. I suppose I need to cut a notch but don't have the same material to go around/reconnect for the opening for the tube. Or I can extend it so the tube drops through the screen but would have to remove the plank every time I lift the lid.
Any other options?
I don't want to do the sump mount.
Same here, I'd rather not need to lift the plank every time I want to remove the lid. Best I can figure right now is get another IM lid kit and cut out a space to add 4 corners in the dimensions for the plank foot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back