Anyone Using an Oceans Motions Diverter?

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one on a closed loop setup about 7 years ago. I loved it, very quiet and reliable. I am actually thinking of getting another one and re plumbing my returns.
They are pricey but the one I had never gave me one issue.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one. It was quiet and worked well for about 5 years. But I think todays wavemakers and gyres make the Ocean Motion kind of obsolete. It's way too plumbing intensive and not nearly adjustable enough for me.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still running one on my closed loop. Dead silent and been going for about 5 years. Motor runs HOT, but doesn't transfer to the water. Keep,waiting for it to fail ..... not so far. In my case, maintenance is easy because both the suction and returns are high up on the back wall - so no sand gets into it. Sand is the enemy. You could certainly run one on the return. Just make sure to isolate it with ball valves or unions to make cleaning easier. Is the OM company still even in business I wonder.

OP
OP
KenO

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve debated between the OM device or a couple of closed loop pump like the Ecotech Vectra. The Vectra on a closed loop has several modes that can be run.

The OM company is still in business, I’ve been going back and forth with them via email and they have been quick to respond to my questions.

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve debated between the OM device or a couple of closed loop pump like the Ecotech Vectra. The Vectra on a closed loop has several modes that can be run.

The OM company is still in business, I’ve been going back and forth with them via email and they have been quick to respond to my questions.

what did you decide?

OP
OP
KenO

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially I went with a closed loop setup. After a few months I decided to take out the closed loop pumps and went with gyre pumps.

OP
OP
KenO

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using 2 - Varios 6 pumps max flow around 1700gph each. I was able to control them via my Apex and create different flow patterns, etc but it just wasn’t enough flow. If I had bigger pumps maybe it would have worked.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back