Anyone using battery backups or generators?

OP
OP
aws2266

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a year and a half and I haven't had any issues until two weeks ago. Two 5-6 hour power outages in two weeks. I had gotten a power inverter for the SUV hoping to power a couple of items but that wouldn't even power an airstone. Thankfully none of my fish died and the jury is still out on my rbta and the few pieces of coral I have. I feel like this is going to start being a regular occurrence with the age of our local infrastructure combined with the fact that no one is trimming their trees around here. I'm going to break down and buy a generator. Found this one and am thinking it's a good deal. I've got a 120g and 125g. I'd like it to run both those and a small fridge/freezer. I just add up the wattage of the equipment I want to use and then just make sure the generator can handle it?

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/champion-power-equipment-3550w-weekender-portable-generator?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Cabelas%7CShopping%7CPMax%7CCatchAll%7CGeneral%7CNAud%7CHigh%7CNMT&&&gclid=CjwKCAjwlJimBhAsEiwA1hrp5o68DTNTyX4roCld0_KOhDwOGb7m9qP-y77nPCgVK9ErISWW_pzLthoCkcsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

stevolough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That. Would work fine. Remember when power is out you don’t have to run everything. Just enough to maintain. Run fridge till it shuts off then unplug it for a bit. Tanks dont need lights all the time and all other equipment can be alternated. It’s a good size generator for what you are looking for. Any larger wastes gas. I have a large generator when I need more like power outages in winter and a smaller one for the tank and fridge

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other.

Back