Anyone using Benepets Benereef to feed their corals etc?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never tried it. It seems to be another powdered plankton food. Been using using reef nutrition and reef roids for so long now with great results. If you try it let us know how you like it.

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had seen any difference with my corals, but my fish immediately go crazy when I pour it in. When you mix it with water it smells like Masstick but with bigger particle size.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had seen any difference with my corals, but my fish immediately go crazy when I pour it in. When you mix it with water it smells like Masstick but with bigger particle size.
How long did you test the product and how m7ch were you dosing per week? Size of tank? Mixed reef?

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is currently fallow due to an unexplained plague. Corals were fine until the lack of fish poop made NO3 & PO4 crash.

I have started dosing heavy with Red Sea Reef Energy, Benepets, and Reef Nutrition Phytoplankton & OysterFeast and it seems to be providing the nutrients my corals were missing.

I like what I see so far, but too early to see coloration or growth.

OP
OP
M

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using it since I made this post originally. All is well and seems to be growing but I’m currently not doing much sps. So my knowledge is limited there.

The other note is that I haven’t been in the game long enough to have used many others for any length of time.

So for me it seems to do its thing and my coral are popping out new heads so life is good.

I dose twice a week 1tsp in my 120g mixed reef tank. Although I’m considering doing 3 doses a week... not sure.

Tim Gentry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff stinks and the corals don't like it. Back to Reef Roids

Tim Gentry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff stinks and the corals don't like it. Back to Reef Roids

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a good deal on some at a coral show, and it works well for my corals (mostly LPS). I just use a fraction of the recommended amount for my tank size just because I dont have a huge amount of corals. I asked my LFS buddy about it vs. reef roids, and he did find out that reef roids has a higher nutrient content per dose.

personwafish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been using it for a few months only target feed with pumps off for 10min powerheads off for 15-when i remember minutes, fish like to eat it, corals have good response during target feeding and after pumps are returned to on. color looks good on zoas particularly, hammer doesnt much bother

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back