Anyone using Fauna Marin Balling Light for dosing?

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new reefer and I have the complete Balling Light Set from Fauna Marin, which I would like to start using. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Any advice/comments here for me? Thanks a lot for the help!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new reefer and I have the complete Balling Light Set from Fauna Marin, which I would like to start using. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Any advice/comments here for me? Thanks a lot for the help!
Is your tank ready for dosing? How new?
Do you know how fast your macros are being consumed?

OP
OP
ItalCanadaReefer

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your tank ready for dosing? How new?
Do you know how fast your macros are being consumed?
My tank is around three months old now but I’m thinking of dosing to get my parameters into more attractive windows. Currently:

Calcium = 500 ppm
Alkalinity = 7.0 dKH
Magnesium = above 1500 ppm

I’d like to up my alkalinity for sure. I’ve only got a few frags in there at the moment (zoas, clove polyps, and gsp), so nothing is being consumed very quickly. I am more concerned with getting my parameters in check.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you arent tracking any consumption currently, i would not make any changes.
If your testing is accurate your cal and mag are at the max and your alk is at the lower end but perfectly in range.
Youll want to get a handle on checking your parameters consistantly.
As for now let mag and cal fall naturally to a more acceptable number and if you want to raise your alk closer to 8, youll just need to perform a few small one time alk hand dosing corrections vs dosing automated.

Your tank should only need replenishment during your weekly water changes at this point it sounds like to me :)

OP
OP
ItalCanadaReefer

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you arent tracking any consumption currently, i would not make any changes.
If your testing is accurate your cal and mag are at the max and your alk is at the lower end but perfectly in range.
Youll want to get a handle on checking your parameters consistantly.
As for now let mag and cal fall naturally to a more acceptable number and if you want to raise your alk closer to 8, youll just need to perform a few small one time alk hand dosing corrections vs dosing automated.

Your tank should only need replenishment during your weekly water changes at this point it sounds like to me :)
I definitely do not intend to automate dosing right now. I was interested in manually adjusting as you say. Also, I tested very regularly, every two to three days, and I notice that my all rises above 7.0 when I perform water changes but drop to around 6.7 as the week progresses.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back