Anyone using Microbacter7? If so ...

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did for a long time I went off the directions for the first 2 weeks then I used a cap a day as a maintenance dose it works great!!!!! Been lazy recently thou and it's showing my tank is crashing....:( I love the stuff thou to sum it up... Sunnyx has a great read on it on here and his site rimlessreef.com hth

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 5ml mb7 once every two weeks on my 135 gallon system. I am also running Ecoback Pellets with it. I used to dose 4 or 5 drops daily when I used vodka with it on my older 100 gallon system.

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can dose it daily, but since you supposedly should turn off the skimmer for a couple hours after dosing it, I decided to do it weekly (When I had a skimmer and dosed MB7). It was just a bit tedious to shut off the skimmer everyday plus if you forgot to turn it back on... you paid for it!

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can dose it daily, but since you supposedly should turn off the skimmer for a couple hours after dosing it, I decided to do it weekly (When I had a skimmer and dosed MB7). It was just a bit tedious to shut off the skimmer everyday plus if you forgot to turn it back on... you paid for it!

No need to shut skimmer off, atleast I don't when I dose it and have never had any problems leaving it run. The only time my skimmer is ever shut off is for feeding or maintenance.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone know the life of the product? I have a large bottle I bought 6 months ago, and am about to start dosing again. Can I safely use the old bottle? Is the Bacteria still alive?

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe shelf life is one year, if refrigerated, longer. I stopped dosing about 6-8 months ago too and just started up again. Going to have to get a new bottle soon.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys really seen a noticeable improvement when using the bottled bacteria? Anything measureable?

Thanks,
CJ

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to shut skimmer off, atleast I don't when I dose it and have never had any problems leaving it run. The only time my skimmer is ever shut off is for feeding or maintenance.

It is suggested on the bottle, and I have a bad habit of following directions... it's why the wife is the boss and I am the loyal servant! :xd:

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is suggested on the bottle, and I have a bad habit of following directions... it's why the wife is the boss and I am the loyal servant! :xd:

LOL! It would seem like a good idea to take the skimmer offline for a while until the bacteria had a chance to populate the rock. Skimmers take out organics, which is what bacteria are.

CJ

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody used MB7 to feed a new tank? I'll be cycling a new tank soon, and wondering MB7 would help that?

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it to cycle my newest tank and within a few days I started adding livestock(fish and corals). I can say for a fact that it definitely helps. New tank had dry dead rock and dry sand. Nothing was live until I added the bacteria. I actually used instant ocean bacteria to jump start it and dose once every two weeks with the mb7. Corals and fish are doing fantastic so far.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet im goign to have to go get some! im ready for this new tank to be cycled to move my other tnak into!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 7.7%
Back