anyone using sea sweeps with tunze powerheads??

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Guttersnipe do you keep your Tunzes on the same constant mode setting 24/7 or do you vary the constant mode throughout the day without pulsing? For instance: right side at 30% constant speed in the morning and left side 70% constant speed in the morning. Right side 50% constant speed mid-day and left side 50% constant speed mid-day and so on...

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Guttersnipe do you keep your Tunzes on the same constant mode setting 24/7 or do you vary the constant mode throughout the day without pulsing? For instance: right side at 30% constant speed in the morning and left side 70% constant speed in the morning. Right side 50% constant speed mid-day and left side 50% constant speed mid-day and so on...
It is set at 100% 24/7

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this thread, what is the diameter of the vertical tube that holds the powerhead... i.e. could I run it through a hole in my eurobracing and put the sea sweep on top, pipe through eurobracing with powerhead mounted to bottom?

I was thinking of having 2" holes drilled in eurobrace for this reason. If it would be better to just have the unit grab the eurobrace and stick out further into the tank, I suppose that is an option too.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back