Anyone with an Apex JR.? Need some help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter nmertz1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nmertz1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2013
Messages
85
Reaction score
23
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my Apex Jr. In the mail today and I plan on setting it up later this afternoon. Any tips/tricks/advice??

Also. My tank is not anywhere near my router, so I won't be plugging it in to monitor it via my phone. I think you can buy a wireless adapter? Not sure.. But do I need to be plugged into the internet in order for it to work? I know the initial setup you may need to..

Thanks for any help!!

-Nick
 
I was reading you can use a wireless gaming adapter, but aside from that I don't think Neptune aquatics makes something to do it.
 
I was reading you can use a wireless gaming adapter, but aside from that I don't think Neptune aquatics makes something to do it.

No I know Neptune doesn't but you could use a 3rd party wireless bridge like a gaming adapter...
 
Identical on the software.

thank you. But I am setting this up with a display module and not connecting to the internet. I have my lights set up perfect on the times I need them, the heater is set and the other 2 outlets I just want to remain "on" .. Do you know how I do this from the display module? Like what would be my on and off times??
 
On the display you have three settings. On, Auto, and Off. For the outlets you want to remain on, you can just leave them in the On setting, thats what I do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new