Anyone with dino's run a N-DOC test?

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone with dinos run a Triton N-DOC test? I think we can all agree that generally dinos happen from a major imbalance in the system. And by dinos, I mean when dinos start visibly taking over the tank. I have run several ICP test, and some of the dinos favorites like potassium were very low in my tank. I purchased the n-doc test today. I kind of expect it to be all out of balance too. We shall see

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean their website even says this:

Finally, reefkeepers can balance and control the nutrients that influence the abundance of bacteria, cyanobacteria and algae in closed reef systems

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread was made on the topic. I think only the OPs Triton data is posted.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/d...ic-nutrients-in-our-tanks.573704/post-5859236

Thanks. I have to say that I agree with most if not all of what the OP has stated. Especially that feeding is the worst thing to do to raise NO3 and PO4.

I ordered a N-DOC yesterday and I look forward to getting my results. And I hope others do to, so that we can start compiling our results in the Dino threads and see how they compare, and what commonalities there are.

Once I get my results, I think I would like to start a thread for this. I also believe now that I can see and prove what elements dinos perfer at least amphidinium. As I have read articles about them prefering certaiin elements like potassium. And because I have done a ICP test every 4-6 weeks for the last 8 or 9 months, I can see them depleting in my reports.

There is useful data here

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back